Sunday, September 23, 2012

Party


Well, our party went all day & all night. It was nice to see your dad, aunts, uncle & cousin. I wish Robyn & your mom could have come, but Robyn had plans in advance & your mom didn't feel like celebrating. All your kids were here, and a few friends from work & the good ole days came as well.

Prior to the party, I picked up two custom cakes, one for Franki & one for you... on the way home, Pink Floyd's 'Wish You Were Here' came on the radio. I cried a little bit... what a fitting thing to think of at the time.

We had a fire, and when it was dark, we decided to light up some sky lanterns (Chinese Wishing Lanterns) and the one Ashley let go, landed on a neighbors roof. Kevin saved the day & jumped the fence to go tell them, but nobody answered the door... so he found their hose in their yard & put it out. LOL! There's never a dull moment around here. Are you playing jokes on us? Hmm...

Anyways, I really do wish you were here. I miss everything we used to do, even if it was nothing at all, at least we had each other & were together. :( Life is lonely now. Friends don't look at me or treat me the same as they used to. Family (aside from my own) only come around for special events... don't call or write or stop by. It's sad. Anyways...

Today Ashley is moving out & in with her new boyfriend. I hope things work out, but I don't think he is "the one" for her... but what do I know? We were always just "dumb" parents who didn't know anything. *sigh*

I love you... miss you... wish you were here. I am back in our bedroom, and back in my bed. Only one night spent there alone, though... Sheri was here this weekend & shared it with me. Tonight will be night 2 alone in it. I've rearranged the bedroom, though... trying to make it "different" and new. My mom cleaned it for me... I started on it weeks ago, but am very slow (as we always were). It's nice. Sleeps 4 - 6 with 2 Queen beds. I could have a sit-in... like the dirty hippie that I am. XD

Forever,
~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment